Thursday, May 4, 2017

100 Prints Project #97 - Love Locks


I've wanted to photograph this pier pillar down at Canal Park for ages.  It's been adorned with tons of locks.  I suppose it's a gesture similar to the one in Paris on the Pont des Arts bridge.  I dreamed of all of the great images I was going to get when I finally got around to getting down there with my camera.  During a recent trip to Duluth, my friend Jacqueline and I ventured down to the pillar and I was so excited to finally begin making all of these great photos I had imagined.  I have to say that it was disappointing.  The locks were nothing special, most of them new locks with sharpie scrawl on them.  Macro shots weren't quite right.  Wider angle, kind of environmental portraits, weren't quite right.  I struggled for awhile and then decided it just wasn't meant to be and put my camera down.  When processing the images, there was just one that kind of stood out.  It's the one you see here.  This image was taken the week of the one year anniversary of Prince's death so maybe it's fitting that this one spoke to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment