Monday, December 3, 2012

100 Prints Project #50 - Valor at Rest #2


Another image from Fort Snelling National Cemetery.  I did my best to tone and darken so it would have a similar feel to the image I posted yesterday.  Those of the you that have worked with me in the wet darkroom know that I prefer my prints dark and moody.  This was another big compositional challenge and I debated about cropping out the overhanging branches, but in the end I didn't want to lose the vertical lines of the other trees.  I think there's one more image from this shoot that I'll post later in the week.  I hope you like this one.

5 comments:

  1. I'm feeling a really strong urge to push you down right about now. This is stunning. The headstones have just enough separation to give visual interest but just enough alignment to give a sense of repetition. I like the overhanging branches, they are the only truly black element in the photo and they draw your eyes up and into the image - good call on leaving them in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good Jane. My favorite part of this picture are the Trees that fade into the background. Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my images dark and moody too, great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this series of photographs illustrates perfectly:
    -if you're intentional and work hard, you can get great images
    -we rarely have the objectivity to know when we've made great images.

    So let me recap: You made great images in this place, Jane. The struggle was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a powerful..evocative image. Love the mood you've captured/created. Best wishes for 2013!

    ReplyDelete