Monday, May 7, 2012

100 Prints Project #44

I don't usually do anything too dramatic in post processing an image. A different angle with SOOC exposure was posted on the blog in January of 2011. You can see that version here. This version of the image kept calling me back, but the SOOC version didn't speak to me. I tried a few things - converting it to black and white, adding sepia and selenium tones and still nothing. I got a little braver and less fearless and played around with layers and textures and saw the image slowly evolve. And there it was. The background of the sky and branches looked like stained glass and the glow on His face brought tears to my eyes. And then there He was.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, love the colors at play in this image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa Van Heel MathreMay 11, 2012 at 8:13 AM

    LOve the processing. Beautiful image. The face of Jesus is so powerful in this image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful..evocative image. Well done!

    ReplyDelete