Thursday, May 3, 2012

100 Prints Project #42 - Grand Marais sunrise


This photo was one of my earliest digital images and was taken during a workshop with ColdSnap Photography.  Grand Marais is one of my most favorite places on this earth and I never get tired of sitting on the beach with a fresh cup of coffee from the Java Moose and just staring into the harbor.  I also never get tired of photographing there.  Taken with my trusty 70-200mm 2.8 lens from the municipal campground.  It was a beautiful morning and I had the place to myself.  Bliss.

6 comments:

  1. YEAH! She's back. A beautiful, understated image. I love the long soft reflection of the lighthouse in the water and the muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shot, it has a peaceful serene feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me so lonesome for the North Shore. I love the purple hues and softness of this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa Van Heel MathreMay 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

    One of my favorite places as well. Was just there and got my coffee at Java Moose :-)
    Incredible shot.....adore the colors. Beautiful...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me want to be there. Surely that's that mark of a good photograph... it's drawing me in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy sent me over to your blog -- it is beautiful! Love your photography! And we just returned from Grand Marais this weekend -- Java Moose got lots of our money! Good luck with your work and I look forward to following your art!

    ReplyDelete