Tuesday, February 7, 2012

100 Prints Project #33 - Grant


I'm kind of in a non-creative slump these days.  I think it happens to all of us creative souls from time to time and I'm sure it will pass this time too.  In my travels through my unworked photo files, I came across this one and something kept calling me back to it.  It's not your average baby picture I guess.  This is one of my twin nephews, Grant.  I loved the way his eyebrow and eyelashes are in focus and the rest of him kind of falls off.  I guess it's a "Jane baby picture".  I hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful..sweet portrait. And - yes - these 'slumps' come and go. This too- shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about a creative slump, I'm kind of there myself. Love the pic, what a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa Van Heel MathreFebruary 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM

    Hi Jane... I go in and out of slumps so often. I wish I could keep the creative juices flowing constantly. I love this pic of that sweet baby! Love the focus...love the composition. A fabulous take on a beautiful little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet photograph. You've captured two things so well...

    -his "blondness". The lighting you've captured shows of those whispy blonde eyebrows and hair so well. It's exactly the details of babyhood that get lost so slowly we don't notice it happening.

    -the way he's leaning forward with his mouth open, capturing that way that little ones have of exploring the world with their mouths first.

    Lovely little portrait, Jane. :)

    ReplyDelete