Wednesday, January 18, 2012

100 Prints Project #31 - Window on Ice


Another image from my film days.  We were scheduled to spend a long weekend up in Two Harbors on the North Shore of Lake Superior when the weather reports predicted weather less than ideal for a 3 hour trip in the car.  We made the decision to travel as far as Duluth (about 30 miles south of Two Harbors) a day early in hopes of missing the icky stuff.  The trip up was pretty uneventful until we reached the outskirts of Duluth where it started to rain.  When we first reached the hotel it was merely wet, but in the few minutes it took us to unload the luggage from the car, the window in the room had completely iced over.  I was attracted to the shadow of the patio chair against the texture of the ice on the window.

3 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful soft texture of this image. I'm so glad you are getting more of your film work online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me and texture . . . love the texture of the ice on the window in this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa Van Heel MathreJanuary 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM

    I love the texture.....love the contrast.....fabulous composition!

    ReplyDelete