Sunday, November 13, 2011

100 Prints Project #21 - 21 prints, 100 excuses



While I seem to struggle with finding what the next image will be, one thing I seem to have no problems finding are excuses as to why I'm so far behind in the work to complete this project on
time. There seem to be at least 100 of those. No need to even list the top 1 excuse here, but I had no idea when I started that this would turn out to be so hard on so many levels. Took a bit of a road trip this weekend to attend the opening of an exhibit at the Waterfront Gallery in Two Harbors as well as drop off some of my husband's art to be scanned. The time in the car allowed for some soul searching about whether or not I even wanted to continue to project or even continue the blog for that matter. I don't know what the long term answer will be, but in the short term I'm going to try to buckle down and overcome the excuses and do the work. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

8 comments:

  1. I totally appreciate your struggle, Jane. And it's so worth wrestling through.

    Fwiw, I love this image. You've made the most of the great shapes here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jane, I can feel your struggle. I enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your images, you have such a great eye but that said listen to your heart, do what is right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lisa Van Heel MathreNovember 14, 2011 at 6:12 PM

    Hi Jane......As a photographer you can see I have not posted for a long while on fb.....sometimes just takes a bit to get the artistic feeling back......but.......I have to say your artistic talent has never left you!...Keep posting......this is wonderful! Love all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane,
    I'm sorry this is becoming such a struggle for you, but please don't give up. Why does there have to be a deadline? I really think you should consider making this project into a book, the blogs, I think are as interesting as the pictures and are so heartfelt. You have a God given talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally get where you are coming from. Personal goals can be motivating, but sometimes they feel like a burden. PS - the onions make me want to push you down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can be our own toughest bosses..our own worst enemies. Whatever you decide..whichever direction you choose - I'm sure it'll be the right one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your support everyone. I'm going to take the long weekend over the Thanksgiving holiday to do some inner work and then hopefully will be back on track next week. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

    ReplyDelete