Monday, October 10, 2011

100 Prints Project #14 - A Thoughtful Reflection

This image is the reflection of my daughter in the screen of her laptop while watching one of her favorite movies when we were on vacation this summer. In the bottom right corner, if you look very closely, you can see my lens there. I sat looking at her reflection for about 10 minutes before I risked getting up and taking out my camera and then felt a mild sense of anxiety that I wouldn't see it in the same way when I sat back down. Luckily, after a minute or two, my eyes picked up the quiet beauty I had seen earlier. It's become one of my favorite photos of her.

7 comments:

  1. It's a lovely portrait, Jane. It can be difficult to photograph someone we love in a totally unguarded moment. Isn't it nice when taking a risk pays off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great portrait, just you taking the risk of taking it and putting it on line is awesome!
    I'm not sure that my girls would approve of me doing that.
    Now get your finger moving and get some work put up. Your falling a tad behind! I need my Jane fix a bit faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this image and the dream like quality. Beautiful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. her thoughtful eyes are expressive.. you got that in your lens.. nice Jane.
    - Subashre

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes....need Jane photo fix nowwwww......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa Van Heel MathreOctober 11, 2011 at 7:44 PM

    awww.....love this. I understand the risk when you have to leave a scene and grab the camera.....but you captured this beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's just perfect.... lovely... so moody....

    wonderful....
    thank you for sharing at SS.
    xo

    ReplyDelete