Wednesday, September 21, 2011

100 Prints Project #10 - Crosses

Taken with black & white film in a cemetery in South Dakota. It's ironic that on my first photo roadtrip with my new digital camera that year I ended up filling 8 rolls of film. When I developed this roll in the darkroom something funky happened with the chemicals and the negatives almost looked as though the film had been cross processed. I was never able to successfully print this one in the darkroom because of scratches and dust, but thought it was worth revisiting for this project. There's only one place I love more than abandoned places, and that's cemeteries.

6 comments:

  1. Cool image, I love the way your eye is drawn into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Very cool photo.
    I loved the abandon house series! Maybe you'll have a cemetery series!
    Just think your one tenth of the way through your goal! Have loved following you through this adventure!
    Keep the photos coming!
    Love ya girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those happy accidents, where a mistake actually results in a more compelling image. That doesn't happy too often in the digital world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always envision your images as huge prints. And this is one more! I love the processing...it adds to the image. Wonderfully mysterious, beautiful ~ peaceful feel to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is AMAZING. So moody and whatever went "wrong" in the processing was just perfect.

    ReplyDelete