Monday, August 1, 2011

Window shopping



A find in the window of an antique store in Two Harbors.  I've seen this doll and her brother in the window several times in past trips and they've always intrigued me.  This weekend I participated in a workshop that was across the street from the store and she seemed to call to me over and over again.  I knew that before the weekend was over that I needed to capture her.  I waited until the light was right and the tan building across the street would be reflected just right in the glass to give it a foggy, kind of dreamy look and then I snuck over and took this image.  Wednesday night I'll post the one I took the following morning of her kind of creepy looking brother.

5 comments:

  1. It's funny that you talk about this one as dreamy and the upcoming one of her brother as creepy. I found this one a little spooky looking but then I guess old dolls make me feel that way in general. Hope you had fun on your course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa Van Heel MathreAugust 2, 2011 at 9:19 AM

    This is mysterious feel to it! Awesome work! I am always mesmerized by those old dolls. The workshop sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Jane! If this is dreamy I'm a little "ascared" to see spooky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It kinda has a little "bride of Chucky" feel to it. I too am scared to see the next picture.

    ReplyDelete