Friday, August 12, 2011

The 100 Prints Project


And so it begins, my new creative journey.  This is a project I've been thinking about and fretting about for quite a long time.  It's inspired by a similar project that was done by Brooks Jensen who is the editor of LensWork magazine.  The project will be to create a new image that is ready to print and ready to post every three days and then post it here.  Over the course of a year I should have 100 new images finished and ready to share.  The project has many personal goals for me - to develop the discipline of regular, consistent work, the opportunity to explore random or orphaned images that aren't part of a project and give them a home, to motivate myself to create new work.   I hope that by making this commitment and following through it will serve as a lubricant to productivity and inspire me to make new images.  I'm also hoping that because I'll be posting to the blog more frequently, that you will have a reason to visit the blog and take the journey with me.

Having said all that, I'm heading out of town on vacation tomorrow and will already be missing my self imposed deadline of a new image on each third day, but I know that if I waited to start until just the right time, that "just the right time" would never come and I would never begin.

So here is 100PP #1.  I hope you like it.

8 comments:

  1. STUNNING. This is one of the best images I have seen anywhere by anyone. The quality of the light, the incredible texture of the paint peeling on the boat and the tall grass convey a sense of peace and tranquility intersected with abandonment and despair. It makes me want to smile and cry and PUSH YOU DOWN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, have been waiting for you too do this project, so I'm here for the ride!
    By the look of photo 1 your off too an awesome start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane that's fantastic. I know you can do it and you know I'm here to witness your journey. So excited to see your choices, loving the first image that you've chosen. It looks like a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa Van Heel MathreAugust 13, 2011 at 7:29 AM

    Fabulous idea ~ a wonderful project!
    I adore this image....would be so lovely printed large!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of your encouragement and support. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes...yes...push her down hard!It is a lovely image. Jane you're amazing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous image Jane,, nice one.. - Suba

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I love your abandoned images (and love making them myself), this one is stellar. Truly. Gorgeous subtle colours. I'd love to see this printed huge... I mean huge.

    This is such a fantastic project, and I'm sure you'll grow so much with it. Find it quite inspiring, actually. I've tried (and failed at) 365 projects, but I might have to try this myself somewhere down the road.

    So glad to see that you're pushing yourself, Jane. So worth it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete