Sunday, February 27, 2011

Simply Hardware #1

A few years ago I did a photography project with my friends Jerilynn and Tony. We took photos in a neighborhood hardware store in St. Paul near IFP where we were taking darkroom classes. The project culminated in a photo show in the windows of the hardware store. It was a great project and I think one that all 3 of us are proud of. All of the images were taken with film. This one was taken with a wonderful film by Fuji with a 1600 ISO rating. That accounts for the larger presence of grain. I took this one using my 100mm macro lens at 2.8. I hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

  1. The beauty of ordinary things. I think I would be completely stumped trying to find compelling images in a hardware store. This is your genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa Van Heel MathreFebruary 28, 2011 at 11:52 AM

    LOve the focus Jane. Cool image! I love the beauty in simplicity. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete