Thursday, December 30, 2010

The middle of the tracks

An oldie, but hopefully a goodie.  This was taken in my home town of Freeport, MN the summer of 1979.  For weeks I walked to the tracks every evening about 30 minutes before sunset to see if I could capture some color and the sun in the right place.  I guess I had some instincts back then already.  The tracks are long gone now.  They've been replaced by the Wobegon bike trail.  This brings back fond memories of hearing the trains at night from time to time as I lay safe and sound in my room.

4 comments:

  1. I love how there is just enough light to make the tracks glow against an otherwise black background. This is a great example of "breaking the rules" by centering the focal point and totally making it work. Thanks for this blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo and the story behind it. Wishing you and your family an amazing New Year, may it bring you all you wish for and so much more. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow......this brings back so many memories for me......love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, I think this is lovely photo. I'm so glad you captured this memory from somewhere back in time! You have the gift! - Mindy

    ReplyDelete