Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sarah

I normally don't take pictures of people unless it's at a family gathering and under some significant pressure.  It's those days when I don't really want to be known as a "photographer".  What seems like about 100 years ago, I was sharing studio space with a friend who is a professional photographer and he brought in his friend Sarah to spend part of an afternoon.  I was there to help hold things and assist, but a few times he encouraged me to shoot and I did.  I think my face was pretty red and my hands were shaking the whole time.  This is possiby the only time you will see a "people picture" on the blog.  Thanks to Sarah for her patience on that day, seemingly 100 years ago.

3 comments:

  1. Great shot. You have it in you, you just have to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have great talent with people shots. We would actually like you to take pictures of the boys and maybe us for Christmas. I love the smoke in this picture and the way it mystically floats in the air.

    Kathy More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just start shooting some hammy child actors until you get more comfortable. (worked for me!) I also recommend some stealth shooting with a long lens. Seriously, get out of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete